Monday, May 17, 2010

you make the salad. i'll make the dressing.


I know i've been posting alot of breakfast and baked stuff lately, so I thought I would mix it up and post this salad that Jack and I made last night. We had this with our dinner yesterday and I liked it so much he made it again for lunch! The dressing recipe is one I have adapted from the "Jamie's Food Revolution" cookbook.

for the salad:
-organic baby greens
-walnuts
- sharp cheddar
-fresh peaches (we got ours at the farmer's market on saturday)

for your dressing: maple balsamic vinaigrette
12 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 - 8 tbsp maple syrup (depends on how sweet you like it)
sea salt and pepper to taste.

i make our salad dressings jamie-style, in a jam jar. throw all the ingredients in and shake shake shake. delicious! the dressing will keep several weeks in the fridge. it would also make a great marinade.

love!

No comments:

Post a Comment